OHS MED’s Experience in the Mining Industry
OHS MED currently provides health partner services for many key players in Australia’s mining industry, including BHP, Worley Parsons, Bauer and Advanced Foundation Solutions.
Mining is a relatively high risk industry and also a costly industry when employee days are lost through injury and illness caused by poor workplace safety practices.
For employers partnering with OHS MED , significant cost and productivity benefits have been achieved through assessments and medical advice that include drugs and alcohol assessments, vaccination programs, injury management, fitness for work and pre-employment medicals.
How can OHS MED help businesses involved in the mining industry?
- Helping reduce workplace risk, ensuring your drug and alcohol program is best practice
- Reviewing your drug and alcohol policy and providing recommendations to ensure your policy is suited to your company requirements and changing market conditions e.g. the increasing use of synthetic cannabis in the community
- Training employers to perform drug and alcohol testing in accordance with Australian Standards
- Training supervisors to identify employees at risk of the misuse of drugs and alcohol
- Training employees on risks and impairment at work issues arising from drug and alcohol abuse
- Provide advice on appropriate drug testing kits and alcohol breathalysers for you to perform your own testing at remote locations
- Provide a MRO telephone consultation service to assess results and report on illicit drug use and positive alcohol results